Giving a boost to sustainable sporting eco system in India, Global Sports Show 2018 is back with its third editiongsbscp
The Times of India – Global Sports Show (GSS) 2018, one of the largest sporting events in India, is back with its third edition and will take place in December 2018 in Mumbai. Themed ‘Enhancing India’s Sports Ecosystem’, the show caters to a B2B, B2G as well as B2C segment and will bring together top brands, corporates, associations, federations, policy makers, sports management companies and leading stakeholders who are a part of the sports value chain, under one roof, to help India realize the dream of becoming a truly international sports nation with world class infrastructure.
The comprehensive event comprises of exhibitor area, focused conferences, workshops and a live action zone for sports enthusiasts to participate in sporting activities. As special features to GSS 2018, there will also be a dedicated Sports Start Up, Tech & Innovation Zone, Focused Hosted Buyer Meets and a Felicitation Ceremony to acknowledge the top contributors from the Sports Fraternity.
A congregation of top-tier speakers and advisories are expected to grace the occasion, including Prof. Boria Majumdar, Sports Journalist & Author, Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter, Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player, Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group & Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited, Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman & Managing Director, Dempo Group, Mohit Burman, Board of Director, Dabur, Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, Asian Football Confederation, Peer Niclas Naubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International, Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA, and Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern to name a few. High profiled International Delegations representing sports and the business of sports from Argentina, Spain, Sri Lanka besides other countries are expected at the GSS.
GSS 2018 aims to aid the government’s vision to create a sustainable sporting eco system in India through infrastructure development, attracting investments in the sports sector and projecting India as an international sports centre.
The sports sector in India has witnessed a number of recent developments, which have contributed to its significant growth. The global sports market, comprising of infrastructure, events, training and manufacturing and retail of sports goods is estimated at INR37.8–44.2 lakh crore (USD600–700 billion), accounting for approximately 1 per cent of the global GDP.
India’s performance at key international sports events, the 2016 Rio Olympics and the Commonwealth Games 2018 have further boosted the interest of the corporates as well as enthusiasts towards sports and sports personalities other than Cricket. Further establishment of new leagues, in football, hockey and less established sports such as kabaddi are changing the face of sports. Players are getting a global stage to showcase their talent and viewers are getting the opportunity to get more involved in their favourite sports.
On the announcement of GSS 2018, Mr. Deepak Lamba, President, Times Strategic Solutions Limited said “There was a need for a dedicated all-encompassing event for Sports to catalyse the Khelo India movement of the government and to make India a global sports destination. Global Business Sports Show has, over the past two years, bridged that gap and has successfully drawn together leading sports figures, marketers and entrepreneurs to exchange ideas and network in an unprecedented environment and given a boost in the efforts. With GSS we aim to lay the foundation for cross industry collaboration with the sports industry in an aim to reach global standards.”
1. Parth Jindal, Managing Director, JSW Cement
2. Boria Majumdar, Renowned Sports Journalist, Author and Professor
3. Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter
4. Shashi Prabhu, Founder & Sr. Partner, Shashi Prabhu & Associates
5. Dushyant Chautala, President, Table Tennis Federation of India
6. Om Pathak, Member – Olympic Task Force, Founder & Chairman – School Sports Promotion Foundation, Founder & Chairman – Delhi Public School Ghaziabad Society
7. Rajesh Kalra, Chief Editor, Times Internet and Member of Olympic Task Force
8. Rohan Bopanna, Indian Tennis Player
9. Narendra Sopal, Working President, School Games Federation of India
10. Vita Dani, Chairperson, 11Even Sports, Promotor, ELMS Foundation, Co-owner, Chennaiyin F. C. Abhinav Bindra, Former Indian Olympic Shooter and Founder, Abhinav Bindra Targeting Performance
1. Niraj Bajaj, Promoter Director – Bajaj Group, Board of Director – Bajaj Auto Ltd, Bajaj Allianz Life and General Insurance, Chairman of Jamnalal Sons and Bachhraj & Company, Chairman & Managing Director of Mukand Limited
2. Santosh Nair, President & Chief Business Officer, DHFL
3. Giriraj Mall, Director, Mallcom
4. Deepthi Bopaiah, Executive Director, GoSports Foundation
5. Kaustubh Sonalkar, President HR, Essar Group and Chief Executive Officer, Essar Foundation
6. Jose Antonio Cachaza, La Liga, Country Manager, India
7. Jayen Mehta, Senior General Manager, Planning & Marketing, Amul
8. Tuhin Mishra, Managing Director & Cofounder, Baseline Venture
9. Supartik Sen, CEO, Unilazer Sports, Co – Founder, U Sports| Global Sports Marketing Forum
10. Ranjit Shahani, Former Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Novartis India Ltd. , Vice Chairman & President, Swizz – India Chambers of Commerce
11. Akshat Rathee, Managing Director, Nodwin Gaming
12. Rahul Sarangi, Co-Founder & Director, Greymatter Entertainment
13. Rishi Narain, Managing Director, RN Sports Marketing, Former professional golfer and Asian Games gold medallist
14. Aneesh, GM, Ten Cent
15. Srinvvasan Gopalkrishnan, Group Head Marketing and Strategy, Reliance
16. Anand Datla, Head Impact, Tata Trusts
17. Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman & Managing Director, Dempo Group
18. Mohit Burman, Board of Director, Dabur
19. Albert Almeida, COO, Non-Movies, BookMyShow
20. Vinit Karnik, Business Head – Entertainment, Sports & Live Events, Group M
21. Harish Jain, Co-Founder & CEO, Dream 11
22. Rajesh Kaul, Chief Revenue Officer – Distribution and Head – Sports, Sony Entertainment
23. Indranil Das Blah, Founding Partner KWAN and CEO Mumbai City FC
24. Rajeev Khanna, Vice President, Rajasthan Royals
25. Mukul Choudhari , CEO, Jamshedpur FC
26. Prashant Prabhakar, Co-Founder & CEO, SoStronk
27. Heath Matthews, Head of Sports Science and Medicine, Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital & Research Institute
28. Ashish Chadha, Chief Executive Officer, Sporty Solutionz
29. Rajan Navani, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, JetSynthesys
30. Rishi Joshi, Founder, Sports For All
31. Andreas Kufner, Head of International Brand Management, FC Bayern
32. Dato’ Windsor John, General Secretary, Asian Football Confederation
33. Colin Gibson, Director – Communications, Asian Football Confederation
34. Peer Niclas Naubert, Head of Global Marketing, Digital & Communications, Bundesliga International
35.Prof. Dr. Dr. Matthias Lochmanns, Chair of Sport Biology and Movement Medicine, Department Sports Science and Sport- Germany
35. Julien Denis, CEO, Exerlights
36. Nicolas Evans, Group Leader Football Quality Programme, FIFA
37. Ashish Shah, Chief Executive Officer, Delhi Dynamos FC
GSS 2018 is a platform for the exchange of ideas, concepts, case studies and reflections that address sports industry local needs and global issues. The event aims at educating about the development of new skills of sports industry professionals and those who are eager to associate with sports and establishing specific insights into the role of sports in today’s business world.
About GSS 2018:
The Times of India Global Sports Business Show (GSS) is a platform that will bring together top corporates, leading stakeholders, policy makers, international sports brands, leagues, sports management companies and everybody who is a part of the sports business value chain under one roof to help India realize the dream of becoming a truly international sporting nation with world class infrastructure. This initiative will accentuate the government’s vision to create a sustainable sporting ecosystem in India through infrastructure development, attracting investments in the sports sector and also position India as a sports destination in overseas markets.
Source : Asianhhm.com